Crescent Homes is a registered builder under Tarion and our goal is provide the warranties on the product that our customer is buying, making sure your investment in our product is safeguarded.
Your Warranty Certificate was given to you at the time of your Pre-Delivery Inspection during which you listed any deficiencies in your home prior to moving in.
We make every effort to correct any noted deficiencies within the first few weeks, and will revisit you to have the form signed, which signifies your acceptance of our completions/repairs. It is in your interest to have this form fully completed since it will have to be processed through our office and sent to Tarion.
1st Year Warranty Coverage
Crescent Homes warrants your home against defects in workmanship and material for a period of ONE YEAR starting on your Closing Day. You will have TWO (2) formal opportunities to request Warranty Service in your first year of occupancy:
- During the first 30 days of occupancy;
- During the last 30 days of the first year of occupancy.
To request Warranty Service at these times, you can submit warranty request forms online at:
To register online, you will need your Certificate of Completion & Closing (CCP form), which we provide to you at your PDI. For further instructions on how to register for Tarion’s MyHome Portal, please click the link above.
Upon receiving your Warranty Service Request we will contact you to schedule one or more service appointments. In order to complete the warranty work in your home, Tarion has established a CUSTOMER SERVICE STANDARD for Builders in Ontario. By adhering to this Standard, Crescent Homes will ensure that warranted items are being addressed within a reasonable time frame, while balancing your needs with the needs of our other Homeowners.
All questions relating to appointment scheduling, the nature of work being performed, or the status of repairs should be directed to your Warranty Service Administrator. Tarion allows a period of 120 days to address the items listed on a statutory warranty form and requires Homeowners to permit access to the home during regular business hours to perform repairs. If you are not satisfied with the condition of a repair following service, please contact our Warranty Service Office and we will gladly review the repair of the item.
2nd Year Warranty Coverage
The following items are warranted against defects in workmanship and material for a period of TWO YEARS starting on your Closing Day:
- Plumbing system
- Heating system
- Electrical delivery and distribution systems,
- Water penetration or “leaks” from the exterior
- Major structural defects
- Exterior cladding
If you experience a problem with any of the above-noted items during your first two years of occupancy, please report it to us immediately, as these generally constitute an “emergency” repair.
3 to 7 Years Warranty Service
Your home is protected under warranty against Major Structural Defects (MSDs) for a period of SEVEN YEARS from your Closing Day. A Major Structural Defect is defined by the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act as:
“Any defect in materials or work that results in the failure of a load-bearing part of the home structure, or any defect in materials or work that significantly and adversely affects the use of the building as a home.”
Warranty claims for a Major Structural Defect can be made directly to Tarion or to Crescent Homes. Upon receiving your MSD claim, we will conduct an inspection of the concern and provide all necessary follow-up information to both you and Tarion.
Summary Of Items Not Covered Under Warranty
- Locating survey monuments and boundary lines.
- Winterkill in lawns.
- Tree surgery and tree trimming.
- Weeds in lawns or separation of lawn due to lack of watering.
- Damage to concrete slabs, walks and garage floors caused by salt or calcium products.
- Damage to driveways caused by heavy or sharp objects.
- Damage to driveways caused by frost.
- Damage to driveways caused by petroleum products.
- Depressions of less than six inches, unevenness, flaking of surface stones or cracking at the edges of asphalt driveways (if applicable).
- Minor surface cracks in concrete walls, floors and porches.
- Surface pitting, superficial cracking and marbleizing in concrete.
- Efflorescence (white powder) on concrete, stone and brick walls.
- Humidity and condensation in the home.
- Sanding, painting, wallpapering or refinishing of any drywall repairs.
- Separation between the floor and toilet, resultant leakage, cracking of bowl caused by too much tightening of bolts.
- Minor drafts at door and window openings and at electrical outlets.
- Minor tool marks and blemishes in trim and other millwork surfaces.
- Plumbing stoppages other than those caused by construction debris.
- Pests such as mice and flies in the house.
- Exact colour match of any replacement material.
- De-lamination of kitchen counter top and cabinet trim if stove elements are not adjusted to sit above the height of the counter top.
- Settlement of exterior after initial repair.
- Any warrantable repair to your garage doors if modifications or installation of any electrical openers are added by anyone else other than the original contractor.